Monday, January 27, 2014

1/27

The weekend was quiet. We finally got transferred from the PICU to the Critical Care Unit. We had some visitors which was a nice distraction. Doug, Krista, and Caleb Wixted came to give Peyton a hug and a high five.
I have been having a hard time accepting the fact that the team at UNC wants to put a trach in. It seems very invasive given where we are today. That being said, I was connected with a doctor at Boston Children's Hospital who specializes in cases like Peyton's (TEF, severe tracheomalacia, etc.) I sent him an email outlining Peyton's background and how we got to where we are today. He immediately emailed me back asking me to call his cell phone...on a Sunday morning. I got my questions together and gave him a call. To make a long story short Chris and I are diligently working to get Peyton transferred to Boston. The team at UNC has been wonderful but this doctor offers us an option that is still a major surgery but less invasive for the long term and it actually fixes the tracheomalacia. I don't know when or how we will be getting transferred but we are hoping that it is sooner than later. I should know more tomorrow.
 Grandpa and Peyton at free play
 We love wagon rides with Leo!
Sleeping angel

No comments:

Post a Comment